What is the Ontario Breast Screening Program?
The Ontario Breast Screening Program (OBSP) provides high-quality breast cancer screening and is free-of-charge for women in Ontario.
Benefits of organized screening
Women are encouraged to get screened through the OBSP because organized screening offers important benefits:
- High-quality mammograms in sites accredited by the Canadian Association of Radiologists;
- Well-developed quality assurance at each site;
- Results of the screening appointment within two weeks for both women and healthcare providers;
- Help to set up extra tests or referrals if your results suggest that they are needed;
- A reminder letter when it is time to return for next screening mammogram. Usually, this is every two years. Women over the age of 73 do not receive a reminder letter. However, they are welcome to call for an appointment after they have discussed it with their healthcare provider.
For more information, click here